ContextSensitiveSolutions.org is pleased to present a webinar on using Context Sensitive Solutions in Designing Major Urban Thoroughfares for Walkable Communities. This free webinar is brought to you by the FHWA, in partnership with the Texas Transportation Institute, Congress for New Urbanism, and Project for Public Spaces. The webinar will be on Tuesday, March 30, 2010, from 1:00 - 2:30 PM ET.
The webinar will cover the brand new, just published recommended practice from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) titled Designing Walkable Urban Thoroughfares: A Context Sensitive Approach, along with a CSS case study in Elgin, Illinois. The case study covers a pilot project in Elgin, which has 19th century gridded streets, post WWII low density auto dependent development and new underdeveloped areas. The presenter worked with local officials restoring portions of the old grid, retrofitting the post war sprawl and planning yet to be developed areas to include greater connectivity.
- Webinar on ITE Walkable Urban Thoroughfares Manual + Elgin, IL CSS Case Study
- John Norquist, President and CEO of the Congress for New Urbanism
- Brian Bochner, Senior Research Engineer at the Texas Transportation Institute
- Gary Toth, Director of Transportation Initiatives at the Project for Public Spaces
- March 30th, 1:00 - 2:30 pm